Well Hello There, Good Lookin’
I’m so glad you came 🙂
My name is Jonathan and I’m passionate about helping others empower themselves through movement.
Ever since I can remember, I’ve loved movement. It all started when I saw the original “The Karate Kid” movie back in the 80’s, which inspired me to start studying martial arts at age 6…
TrainDeep: Exercise Alchemy®
For the last 17 years I’ve worked as an Exercise Alchemist® helping professional athletes, celebrities, and even kids and senior citizens transform their relationship to reality through movement. And I’ve traveled the world studying with amazing teachers in strength training, exercise psychology, martial arts, and meditation.
I’ve created a holistic fitness system that will help you uncover, unlock, and harness your full potential by combing my eastern wisdom practices (martial arts, meditation, tai chi, and qigong) with Western exercise science.
TrainDeep is a path to empowerment and self-mastery that anyone can use to become the best version of themselves, six-pack abs are just one of many benefits 🙂
You’re personal injuries can be transformed into powerful allies on the path to becoming strong, resilient, and wildly healthy.
I’d love to hear from you, let me know how I can help YOU! Hit me up at MyNinja@TrainDeep.com.
Thanks for stopping by my little home on the interwebs 🙂
Certifications, Awards, Experiences, & Education
- B.S. in Psychology from New York University
Completed Fitness Certifications:
- ACE certified personal trainer
- NASM certified personal trainer
- USAW certified club coach
- RTS mastery candidate
- Kettlebell Conceptscertified Kettlebell instructor
- NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- Athlete’s PerformanceMentorship Level 1
- Poliquin International Certification Program Level 1 Strength Coach
- MovNat Level 1 Trainer Certification
- CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach– Level 1
- Medical Qigong Educator – International Certification – Dantao Center and the Institute for Traditional Medicine.
- Animal Flow – Level 1 Instructor
Seminars and Workshops:
- Chek Institute- Equal But Not the Same: Consideration for Training the Female Client (One Day Seminar/Workshop)
- Muscle Activation Technique– Trunk & Spine Jump Start (Two Day Seminar/Workshop)
- Muscle Activation Technique– Upper Body Jump Start (Two Day Seminar)
- Biodynamix- Human Mechanix w/ Cadaver Anatomy (Two Day Workshop/Seminar)
- The Rewire Project- Force and the Nervous System (Three Day Seminar)
- Power Plate Seminar- (One half day)
- Peak Training & Diet Design Seminar (Two Days)
- Athlete’s Performance Custom Mentorship Five days)
- International Youth Conditioning Association Summit 2011 (Two Days)
- International Youth Conditioning Association Summit 2012 (Three Days)
- Jade Maiden Qigong Workshop led by Grand Master(Two Days)
- Alchemical Qigong Workshop led by Grand Master (Two Days)
- Medical Qigong Workshop led by Grand Master (Twelve Days)
- Partner Yoga Workshop- Omega Center (Two Days)
- “Singing the Hatha Yoga Pradipika” – Yoga Workshop led by Ruth Lauer-Manenti (Two and a half days)
- Original Strength Press Reset – NYC – 1 Day workshop
Ninja Street Cred
- Black Belt Shotokan Karate – Sensei Howie Friedman
- Taoist Dragon Gate School of Complete Reality: 22nd Generation Lineage Holder
- 2011 Warriors Dash 38th place of 10,321 finishers
- 2012 completed my first vision quest, a 4.5day fast alone in the high desert of New Mexico.
- 2013 Empire State Building Run-up 14th place of 700+ competitors
- 2013 Rated the 7th Hottest Trainer in America by Shape Magazine (They were measuring inner beauty, of course.)
- 12 years of uninterrupted health. Not a single sick day!
- 2016 Spartan Sprint: Competitive Class – Citifield NYC – 7th Place
- 2016 Ninja Obstacle Competition @ Brooklyn Zoo – 1st Place
- 2016 OCR World Championship – 75th place (out of 500)
- Self-healed disc herniation in neck C5/C6
- Self-healed torn labrum in right shoulder
- Self-healed drug addict
- Health Expert for Greatist.com
- Volunteer for Stoked, a non-profit that mentors inner city kids through surfing, skateboarding, and snowboarding
- To date have raised over $10,000 for youth fitness charities
- American Ninja Warrior – Season 8 – NBC – 2016 Contestant
- Creator of “ShadowBreaker” – Early Morning Dance Ritual in NYC
- 2017 National Ninja League Finalist
My American Ninja Warrior Audition Video