You’re only interested in the very best…
and are willing to pay a premium, and surrender your ego to greatness!
You’re willing to be a student…
and not just a client. A client passively consumes a service, passivity simply doesn’t work when it comes to physical activity! Hair stylists have clients, real trainers and have students. As they say in China “The student and the teacher create the teaching”.
If the answer is yes to both of the above questions than you’re in the right place!
TrainDeep: Exercise Alchemy®
I’ve spent the last 14 years study with the best teachers, mentors, gurus, and masters I could find, and used what I learned to develop an authentic holistic fitness system : Train Deep. As an Exercise Alchemist® I’ve had the privilege of guiding professional athletes, celebrities, and kids into transforming their relationship to their body, mind, and life through exercise.
I did it for myself first. Now its your turn.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do you cost? Depends on what you mean. I’m not cheap, but you’re only interested in the best, right? Health is a little like buying an apartment – you can pay now, or you can pay later, what when you pay later, you always pay more. In other words, a little doe now to avoid surgery and disease later. Each program I create is unique to the individual, so cost varies based on your needs. Please fill out the “Ready for Lift Off” form below if you’d a custom estimate for your ninja fitness personal training program.
Just as important as the financial cost is energy cost that working together requires. You will need to devote time and energy to your goals, especially when you’re on your own: there are 168 hours in a week, and we’ll be together for 3 of them (at the most). Wellness is a 24/7 endeavor. I’ll guide you when you are on your own, and the more closely you follow my guidance, the quicker you’ll realize your goals.
Where do you train? Mainly in Chelsea and Flat Iron neighborhoods. I have my own Ninja Play room studio, where I privately teach Tai Chi, Qigong, Meditation, and some of the other secret ninja arts. For hard core personal training, I work out of Peak Performance, which is ranked one of the best gym’s in the country by Men’s Fitness. I also lead outdoor workouts and occasionally house calls.
Why Ninjas? Because their fucking awesome, and represent supreme self-mastery. That’s exactly what TrainDeep is – a system for developing your full potential through training and a method for creating your very own super hero!
What is your holistic perspective? What is exercise for empowerment? It’s exactly what ninjas due – we train for a greater mission in life: our reason why, life mission, or personal dream. We can’t separate what we do from why we do it, so if we are going to get in absolute mind blowing shape and develop our personal power to a high degree, it’s best to have clarity on why we are training and how we’ll use that power.
This perspective not only allows movement to empower every aspect of your life, but it also makes it more fun, inspiring, and meaningful to workout – and easier to sustain a high level of wellness and fitness.
What kinds of exercises do we do? All kinds – could be anything from body-weight to kettlebells, to yoga, to Tai Qi, to meditation, kungfu or acrobatics. It all depends on you, your goals, and what exactly is your deal in that exact moment. You will learn a fuck load about yourself and your body.
Experience & Education
- B.S. in Psychology from New York University
Completed Fitness Certifications:
- ACE certified personal trainer
- NASM certified personal trainer
- USAW certified club coach
- RTS mastery candidate
- Kettlebell Conceptscertified Kettlebell instructor
- NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- Athlete’s PerformanceMentorship Level 1
- Poliquin International Certification Program Level 1 Strength Coach
- MovNat Level 1 Trainer Certification
- CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach– Level 1
Seminars and Workshops:
- Chek Institute- Equal But Not the Same: Consideration for Training the Female Client (One Day Seminar/Workshop)
- Muscle Activation Technique– Trunk & Spine Jump Start (Two Day Seminar/Workshop)
- Muscle Activation Technique– Upper Body Jump Start (Two Day Seminar)
- Biodynamix- Human Mechanix w/ Cadaver Anatomy (Two Day Workshop/Seminar)
- The Rewire Project- Force and the Nervous System (Three Day Seminar)
- Power Plate Seminar- (One half day)
- Peak Training & Diet Design Seminar (Two Days)
- Athlete’s Performance Custom Mentorship Five days)
- International Youth Conditioning Association Summit 2011 (Two Days)
- International Youth Conditioning Association Summit 2012 (Three Days)
- Jade Maiden Qigong Workshop led by Grand Master(Two Days)
- Alchemical Qigong Workshop led by Grand Master (Two Days)
- Medical Qigong Workshop led by Grand Master (Two Days)
- Partner Yoga Workshop- Omega Center (Two Days)
- “Singing the Hatha Yoga Pradipika” – Yoga Workshop led by Ruth Lauer-Manenti (Two and a half days)
Ninja Street Cred
- Black Belt Shotokan Karate – Sensei Howie Friedman
- Taoist Dragon Gate School of Complete Reality: 22nd Generation Lineage Holder
- 2011 Warriors Dash 38th place of 10,321 finishers
- 2012 completed my first vision quest, a 4.5day fast alone in the high desert of New Mexico.
- 2013 Empire State Building Run-up 14th place of 700+ competitors
- 2013 Rated the 7th Hottest Trainer in America by Shape Magazine (They were measuring inner beauty, of course.)
- 8 years of uninterrupted health. Not a single sick day!
- Self-healed disc herniation in neck C5/C6
- Self-healed drug addict
- Health Expert for Greatist.com
- On the Board for Stoked Mentoring – a truly unique non-profit that empowers inner city kids through surfing, skateboarding, and snowboarding
- To date have raised over $10,000 for youth fitness charities
Super Ninja Testimonials:
“I love my trainer Jonathan! He makes working out both fun and super effective. I always look forward to coming to NYC and training with him, I just wish he was in LA so I could train with him all the time.”
Jillian Michaels ~ Fitness Icon ~ NBC’s “The Biggest Loser”
“As a chef I eat a lot and work crazy hours and sometimes get stuck in a terrible cycle where the gym seems like somewhere thousands of miles away. Jonathan not only got me back into the gym but made me look at it in an entirely new way. His knowledge of the human body and what exercises to do was really eye opening and life changing. I find myself making time that I never thought I had to get into the gym 4 to 5 times a week instead of 4 to 5 times a year, and doing exercises I never even heard of before thanks to Jonathan.”
Marc Forgione ~ Iron Chef
“Jonathan is just at a whole different level, both as a friend and a trainer. He’s super experienced and crazy knowledgeable, sure. But the true, extraordinary benefit of training with Jonathan is that he’s your partner, your trusted friend along the path to deepening your relationship to your body. Because he knows that long-lasting, profound results are what really matter; that awakening and finding the ninja inside of you can change your life forever. And he truly cares you get there just like he has.”
Derek Flanzraich ~ Founder & Ceo ~ Greatist.com
“Jonathan has such a beautiful and beneficent lens through which he sees everything. His work has resulted in a new closeness to myself and my body. He is a diamond in the world of fitness- providing space for healing, deep contemplation, and kickass physical results all at once.”
Elena Brower ~ Author ~ “Art of Attention”
“Learning Yoga, Tai Chi, and Qigong aka “ninja training” from Jonathan has been a profound experience and deeply therapeutic. He is always 100% present and focused; he clearly loves what he’s doing and it shows. Every single time I leave a session with Jonathan I feel incredible. My body feels better, more balanced and more mobile; it also recovers faster and I sleep deeper! And quite frankly, I’m even happier than before. I couldn’t speak more highly of him, as a trainer and now as a friend.”
Don Saladino ~ Strength Coach & Owner ~ Drive 495
“This is going to sound ridiculously corny, but working with Jonathan has literally changed my life. I could immediately tell he really cared about me and my goals, and I truly believe that Jonathan cares about my mind, body, and soul. He is SO MUCH MORE THAN A PERSONAL TRAINER, he is more like a personal guru, a friend, and family. I am so grateful for the results I have achieved while working with him. I recommend him to all my clients and friends. I am 35 and my body looks and feels better than it did in my 20′s.”
Adina Azarian ~ Owner of Adina Equities ~ NYC Real Estate Maven
“Jonathan’s expertise in personal training and passion for learning about the human body is only surpassed by his commitment to his client’s and their goals. Through the years, he and his team have been there to guide, coach, and inspire. I recommend his services to my patients every week, knowing that they will be in safe hands and will come back to me in a year much healthier.”
Dr. Warren Licht ~ Doctor of Internal Medicine
“Training with Jonathan has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. Aside from his vast knowledge of anatomy and movement, his positive outlook and encouragement gives me confidence during our sessions and forces me to be more proactive about training on my own. As a physical therapist, I would highly recommend Jonathan to my patients and know that they are in great hands!”
Karen Litzy, owner Karen Litzy Physical Therapy, P.C.
“I felt like a new person after 1 session with Jonathan. I was taken by his incredibly sharp and intuitive assessments. As much as we were communicating as we went along, I felt he always had an inner eye on what was needed. A very special approach. The Zen Trainer and the Art of Peak Mountain Climbing.”
Natalie Galazka, Executive Producer
“Jonathan is an awesome, positive force of nature. He pulls everyone into his vision of a beautiful Life. Every word he says is true.”
Phoebe Legere- Transmedia Artist
Ready for Blast Off?
Just fill out this intake form and I’ll get right back to you.
As always, TrainDeep.