Well Hello There, Good Lookin’
I’m so glad you came 🙂
My name is Jonathan and I’m passionate about helping others empower themselves through movement.
Ever since I can remember, I’ve loved movement. It all started when I saw the original “The Karate Kid” movie back in the 80’s, which inspired me to start studying martial arts at age 6…
TrainDeep: Exercise Alchemy®
For the last 20 years I’ve worked as an Exercise Alchemist® helping professional athletes, celebrities, and even kids and senior citizens transform their relationship to reality through movement. And I’ve traveled the world studying with amazing teachers in strength training, exercise psychology, martial arts, and meditation.
I created a holistic fitness system that will help you uncover, unlock, and harness your full potential by combing my eastern wisdom practices (martial arts, meditation, tai chi, and qigong) with Western exercise science.
TrainDeep is a path to empowerment and self-mastery that anyone can use to become the best version of themselves, six-pack abs are just one of many benefits 🙂
You’re personal injuries can be transformed into powerful allies on the path to becoming strong, resilient, and wildly healthy.
I’d love to hear from you, let me know how I can help YOU! Hit me up at MyNinja@TrainDeep.com.
Thanks for stopping by my little home on the interwebs 🙂
Certifications, Awards, Experiences, & Education
- B.S. in Psychology from New York University
- Concentration in Gender Studies
- ACE certified personal trainer
- NASM certified personal trainer
- USAW certified club coach
- RTS mastery candidate
- Kettlebell Conceptscertified Kettlebell instructor
- NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- Athlete’s PerformanceMentorship Level 1
- Poliquin International Certification Program Level 1 Strength Coach
- MovNat Level 1 Trainer Certification
- CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach– Level 1
- Medical Qigong Educator – International Certification – Dantao Center and the Institute for Traditional Medicine.
- Animal Flow – Level 1 Instructor
Seminars and Workshops:
- Chek Institute- Equal But Not the Same: Consideration for Training the Female Client (One Day Seminar/Workshop)
- Muscle Activation Technique– Trunk & Spine Jump Start (Two Day Seminar/Workshop)
- Muscle Activation Technique– Upper Body Jump Start (Two Day Seminar)
- Biodynamix- Human Mechanix w/ Cadaver Anatomy (Two Day Workshop/Seminar)
- The Rewire Project- Force and the Nervous System (Three Day Seminar)
- Power Plate Seminar- (One half day)
- Peak Training & Diet Design Seminar (Two Days)
- Athlete’s Performance Custom Mentorship Five days)
- International Youth Conditioning Association Summit 2011 (Two Days)
- International Youth Conditioning Association Summit 2012 (Three Days)
- Jade Maiden Qigong Workshop led by Grand Master(Two Days)
- Alchemical Qigong Workshop led by Grand Master (Two Days)
- Partner Yoga Workshop- Omega Center (Two Days)
- “Singing the Hatha Yoga Pradipika” – Yoga Workshop led by Ruth Lauer-Manenti (Two and a half days)
- Original Strength Press Reset – NYC – 1 Day workshop
Ninja Street Cred
- Black Belt Shotokan Karate – Sensei Howie Friedman
- 22nd Generation Lineage Holder: Taoist Dragon Gate School of Complete Reality
- 2011 Warriors Dash 38th place of 10,321 finishers
- 2012 completed my first vision quest, a 4.5day fast alone in the high desert of New Mexico.
- 2013 Empire State Building Run-up 14th place of 700+ competitors
- 2013 Rated the 7th Hottest Trainer in America by Shape Magazine (They were measuring inner beauty, of course.)
- 12 years of uninterrupted health. Not a single sick day!
- 2016 Spartan Sprint: Competitive Class – Citifield NYC – 7th Place
- 2016 Ninja Obstacle Competition @ Brooklyn Zoo – 1st Place
- 2016 OCR World Championship – 75th place
- Self-healed disc herniation in neck C5/C6
- Self-healed torn labrum in right shoulder
- Self-healed drug addict
- Health Expert for Greatist.com
- Volunteer for Stoked, a non-profit that mentors inner city kids through surfing, skateboarding, and snowboarding
- To date have raised over $10,000 for youth fitness charities
- American Ninja Warrior – Season 8 – NBC – 2016 Contestant
- American Ninja Warrior – Season 9 – NBC – City Finalist
- Creator of “ShadowBreaker” – Early Morning Dance Ritual in NYC
- 2017 National Ninja League Finalist
Ninja Services: In New York City
Primal Shred: Holistic Weight Loss Program: Empower your relationship to food and your body through mindful movement, detoxification, and awareness. It’s radically simple and just as effective, with only 4 aspects to the program: the Whole 30 Diet, Primal Movement, Custom Food Menus, and an Online Food Journal.
1-on-1 Ninja Personal Training: You want to fully transform your relationship to your body, mind, and life, demand the best, and are happy to pay a premium for it! If that’s you, then look no further – Ninja Master Jonathan will personally show you how to use exercise to fully realize all of your potential. Together, we’ll co-create a unique holistic fitness program that allows you to accomplish your specific fitness goals with mind-blowing results.
Tai Chi Class in Chelsea, NYC: I’ve personally used this practice to heal myself from a serious neck injury, and it’s also the reason why I’ve only gotten sick once in the last 13 years. Srsly 🙂 Tai Chi is an ancient wisdom practice and sacred dance that uses mindful movement to heal the human body. Qigong is a form of movement medicine that uses gentle movement, tapping, breath work, and sound to balance out the body’s subtle energy channels.
Wise Women Fight Club: Created by Jonathan and his wife Alexandra, WWFC empowers women to channel their aggression in healthy ways and be strong for each other using Kung Fu, kickboxing, primal movement, and buy carrying heavy stuff… like other human beings! #PowerWithPrecision #SensitiveStrength
Primal Strength Workshop is a principle based holistic method that uses primal movement and energy medicine (Qigong) to unify the body-mind-spirit. Gentle movements based on Tai Chi release habitually tension in the body. Then, primal movements re-connect every part of your body into a single, unified whole. Rocking, rolling, and crawling on the floor was the original way every single human first developed “integrated strength”.
Qualified for City Finals in Cleveland on Season 9 of ANW!
My American Ninja Warrior Audition Video